Giving everyone freedom to use their money easily, safely, anytime and anywhere – this is why SIA has been pursuing innovation for 40 years.
The people at SIA Group work side by side with customers to enhance their services with unique proposals that improve the daily experience of end users, creating a real, tangible advantage for the entire community.
A HISTORY OF INNOVATION
Since its foundation, the company has been a leading player in the evolution of payments systems through:
- the development of the RNI (Rete Nazionale Interbancaria – National Interbank Network), which connects all the financial institutions
- the automation of the interbank payments system
- the creation of the Bancomat Circuit
Technological innovation makes its entrance on financial marketplaces: SIA - also through its merger with CEDborsa - plays a leading role in the automation of markets managed by Borsa Italiana and in the start-up of the Italian wholesale markets: e-MID and MTS.
In 1992, SSB is founded from the spin-off of SIA’s Applications division. The new company focuses on creating a merchant- and acquirer-side offering, launching the first payment cards projects: Bancomat/Pagobancomat, FASTpay, MINIpay, e-Wallet, Microcircuito.
SIA’s technological excellence is recognized throughout Europe. The company becomes one of the leading players on the international market.
Innovative services linked to the Euro and to Europe are developed:
- issuing and acquiring processing solutions
- the EBA STEP2 platform for retail payments in Euro
- Monte Titoli post trading
- surveillance services
- compliance with international EMV circuits and standards
- Network Service Provider for access to T2S
- Over 30 Trading Venues connected through SIAnet Financial Ring
- Collateral management for Central Banks and CSDs
- Outsourcing for Payment Institutions/EMIs
- Development of Jiffy service for P2P money transfer
- Ubiq acquisition to develop solutions in the area of digital promotions
- Development of the pan-European instant payment infrastructure with EBA Clearing
- Completion of the acquisition from UniCredit of emoney processing activities in Italy, Germany And Austria
- Realization of the new interbank payments system of New Zealand’s Central Bank
- Agreement with Raphaels Bank for the launch of new payment services in the United Kingdom and in the rest of Europe;
- Realization of the first mobile wallet for NFC payments in the Czech Republic for CSOB bank
- Ubiq (Ti Frutta) acquisition to develop solutions in the area of digital promotions
- Data center with "Active/Active" architecture