The SMS Alerts service, represents the ideal communication channel that enables issuers to reach cardholders anytime and anywhere.
The service can be set up for push message (SMS Alert) and pull message (SMS Inquiry).
The SMS Alert service can be fully customised and allow issuers to easily:
- define thresholds in order to generate the SMS only if the amount is greater than a defined amount
- send a “Welcome Message” giving the opportunity to communicate to the cardholder at service activation
- define alert frequency
- set transmission time frame
- trigger a service fee at the moment of service activation.
The SMS Inquiry service is a cost-effective solution that allows cardholders to access their account information in real-time via the mobile phone. SMS Inquiry is the incoming service that allows cardholders to request the following information related to their account:
- balance inquiry (the current available balance on the card).
- statement inquiry (details of last transactions).
- open to buy inquiry (the difference between the credit limit assigned to the account and the present balance).
Both services, provided by SIA, enhance brand loyalty, reduce the number of calls to the call centre and ensure that any fraudulent activity is quickly brought to the issuer's attention.
- proactive fraud management
- delivery of notification and alert
- enhanced cardholder payment experience
- feeling in control of the card by verifying transaction details
- increased loyalty & customer retention.