|A history of innovation||SIA group offices and headquarters||Subsidiaries|
Everyone will be able to use their own money anytime, anywhere, simply and securely.
Provide the best platforms to process all kinds of payments of institutions, people, corporates.
A HISTORY OF INNOVATION
Since its foundation, the company has been a leading player in the evolution of payments systems through:
- the development of the RNI (Rete Nazionale Interbancaria – National Interbank Network), which connects all the financial institutions
- the automation of the interbank payments system
- the creation of the Bancomat Circuit
Technological innovation makes its entrance on financial marketplaces: SIA - also through its merger with CEDborsa - plays a leading role in the automation of markets managed by Borsa Italiana and in the start-up of the Italian wholesale markets: e-MID and MTS.
In 1992, SSB is founded from the spin-off of SIA’s Applications division. The new company focuses on creating a merchant- and acquirer-side offering, launching the first payment cards projects: Bancomat/Pagobancomat, FASTpay, MINIpay, e-Wallet, Microcircuito.
SIA’s technological excellence is recognized throughout Europe. The company becomes one of the leading players on the international market.
Innovative services linked to the Euro and to Europe are developed:
- issuing and acquiring processing solutions
- the EBA STEP2 platform for retail payments in Euro
- Monte Titoli post trading
- surveillance services
- compliance with international EMV circuits and standards
- Network Service Provider for access to T2S
- Over 30 Trading Venues connected through SIAnet Financial Ring
- Collateral management for Central Banks and CSDs
- Outsourcing for Payment Institutions/EMIs
- Development of Jiffy service for P2P money transfer
- Ubiq acquisition to develop solutions in the area of digital promotions
- Development of the pan-European instant payment infrastructure with EBA Clearing
- Completion of the acquisition from UniCredit of emoney processing activities in Italy, Germany And Austria
- Realization of the new interbank payments system of New Zealand’s Central Bank
- Agreement with Raphaels Bank for the launch of new payment services in the United Kingdom and in the rest of Europe;
- Realization of the first mobile wallet for NFC payments in the Czech Republic for CSOB bank
- Ubiq (Ti Frutta) acquisition to develop solutions in the area of digital promotions
- Data center with "Active/Active" architecture