Jiffy is a person-to-person service that, via a smartphone app, allows money to be transferred simply by selecting the recipient from the mobile's address book.
The beneficiary is identified by the telephone number. Input the amount, as well as the reason if desired, and confirm the transaction. The money is available immediately; in particular, the debit and credit are recorded in real time on the current account, payment account or IBAN-linked card.
Based on SEPA Credit Transfer, Jiffy is available for all banks operating in the Single Euro Payments Area.
Due to the open and interoperable architecture, payments can be made between customers of the same bank or customers of different banks, on condition that they offer the Jiffy service.
This solution facilitates the creation of a domestic and European money transfer ecosystem. Initially dedicated to the consumer market (Person to Person), the system will be extended to P2B (Person to Business) payments.
- quick: the beneficiary receives the money in real time
- easy: just a few clicks to send money to contacts listed in the smartphone's address book
- convenient: only need the recipient's IBAN-linked telephone number held in the address book
- secure: Jiffy is integrated with the user's own bank and current account
- frequency of use: Jiffy replaces cash in all everyday situations that call for immediacy, such as when sharing the cost of a meal, collecting money for a group present, giving pocket money to children or lending small amounts
- coverage: more than 80% of Italian banking customers can access Jiffy via their own bank
- availability: in any location at any time. Jiffy is always available.