Similar to the TSM Hub, HCE (Host Card Emulation) supports proximity mobile payments, with virtualisation of the card in the cloud and supply of a single-use token on the mobile. Solution works with the mobile wallet, allowing the user to virtualise the cards already stored.
The same card is then used to make remote payments via the wallet and proximity payments using HCE. The user can utilise the same PIN for access to the wallet and for contactless POS transactions.
Advantages for the user:
- immediate activation
- easy, quick and secure payments
- service independent of the telephone operator.
Opportunities for the issuer:
- interoperability with respect to telephone operators
- reduced service activation costs
- transfer to contactless technology without replacing the physical card.